Thursday, February 20, 2014

Febloguary Day 13 (Walking Well With Your Friends in Loss)

Today's post is going to be a bit different.  I had the privilege to guest blog for my friend Christine about how to love friends well in the loss of a child.  I am going to send you to her blog Grace Covers Me to read, but not before first giving you a few pics of the friends who have walked closely with me over the past four years.

A few of the friends who gathered for Charlotte's First Birthday Celebration
Elizabeth bought gourmet cupcakes and we celebrated Charlotte's Heaven Day at Grapevine Botanic Gardens... She even brought milk!
These friends came to the cemetery for Charlotte's first birthday
Flowers to say, "We love Charlotte!"
Always a pink cake to celebrate!
These three women took amazing care of me in those first few days... Here they gather to remember my girl after 3 years.
I did not know some of these women well when Charlotte died, but they have dug in deeply with me over the past four years to show me great love.
These two friends busted out the paint and glitter to make me feel loved!  Check out those poster skills!
A book compiling all of my blogs about my girl, one of the hundreds of cards I have received from friends over the past four years, and a candle called "Welcome Home" that was given to me on Charlotte's Heaven Day, that we light each year to remember.
Tulips, because my friends remember Charlotte with me when they see them in the store.
Surprise flowers to say, "I love you! I love Charlotte too!"
Friends to celebrate and grieve with my girls.  
These ladies have been rocks. Near the one year anniversary of Charlotte's birth, we began meeting together weekly.  They have fought for joy with me and grieved deeply alongside me.  

Friends are such a treasure.  The Body of Christ is beautiful.

No comments: