Monday, February 17, 2014

Febloguary Day 11 (Happy Heaven Day to You, Charlotte Jane)

Today was the day that we said goodbye to our precious baby girl after just a week of life.  It is crazy that it has been four years.  We were so very thankful for the AMAZING weather today!  Last Monday's FREEZING temperatures cut our cemetery time short, but today we made up for it!  Our family was able to enjoy our time together and worship God.  We are so thankful for the peaceful place we are able to go and remember our sweet girl!  Some of my favorite sunsets have been spotted from the cemetery.  
  These 2 know this place well.
God gave us a gorgeous backdrop tonight!
 Fun with BUBBLES!
 Liv exploring.
 Races are a tradition for Team Bassett :)
 Daddy joined the race!
 We brought the petals off our waning tulips to spread around at the cemetery.
Making sure the petals are just right. 
My lovely Lizzie! (No matter what I try, I cannot get this pic upright!)
 My Bright Light, Lainie K!
Liv happily sang "Happy Heaven Day to you, Charlotte Jane!" She totally doesn't get it, but she knows pictures of Charlotte and joins us in all of our celebrations with great fervor!
 
 Daddy's Girls :)
 I may or may not have promised ice cream to Liv to get this shot with my little ladies.
 Lainie got to take Mommy and Daddy's pic.
 I'm glad we asked her to take 2!  I love this man so much!  Together we have been brought through many fires and come out molded and shaped more into the image of Jesus.  We are thankful.  Thank you Charlotte Jane for your brave fight and for all the ways you continue to draw me nearer to Jesus.
These words were sent to me in a text message today from a dear friend. I just had to write them down.  For one, I LOVE writing Charlotte's name any time I get a chance, and secondly, this is AMAZING TRUTH!  I couldn't help but do a little happy dance when I received this message.  A day of glory, no doubt!

No comments: