Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Febloguary Day 12 (BUNCO gals!)

I know my posts have been pretty heavy lately, so I decided to give you something light!  Tonight I enjoyed one of my most anticipated nights of every month!  Five and a half years ago, we moved into our home, and in September, 2008, I began playing Bunco with a group of neighborhood ladies.  I went my first night knowing only Taber and Amanda who had already been playing with this group.  Over the past several years, the group has been constantly changing as people move in and out of the neighborhood, but there have always been 12-16 ladies every third Tuesday to join together and have some fun!   Our agenda is simple. We share a meal together and then play the mindless dice game while we chat about life.
In our years together, babies have been born, family members have passed away, marriages have been celebrated, kids have gotten sick,  babies have been miscarried, divorces have happened, jobs have changed, a lot of life has happened.  Together we have celebrated and grieved and also provided an opportunity for one another to come and vent about it all.  As much as I wish that I could know these women well outside of Bunco, it just is highly unlikely.  Everyone is busy and running in different directions, but that sacred night each month draws us together.
I love these women like crazy!  We laugh, laugh, and laugh some more together.  We ask questions and share advice.  We genuinely care about one another.  These women are incredible, and I am thankful to call them friends!
Do you have "Bunco Friends"?  Do you know the people in your neighborhood?  Have you taken the time to get to know and invest in the people who live near you?  If the answer is No, I would encourage you to reach out and host something fun like Bunco or breakfast or a party of some sort.  If the answer is Yes, I encourage you to keep digging deeper, going farther to serve and encourage the people who live near you, knowing that God has chosen the exact place and the perfect neighbors for you for this season of life!
I adore my Bunco Ladies.  I love them so dearly and thank God for the gift of these precious women!

No comments: