Friday, May 2, 2008

The Delight of a Good Dumpster Dive... And the Faithfulness of a GOOD GOD!

So, for the past several months, I have really wanted to get Elizabeth a kitchen to do all of her stirring and cooking, etc. There was no special occasion like a birthday, but I looked often on Craig's List for a good deal. The cheapest ones I found were still around $30, more than I wanted to pay, so I just decided to wait. Well, a few weeks ago, we were leaving Rick and Stephanie's house and passed by a house where the dad was cleaning out the garage, and what did I see on the side of the street, but a little play kitchen! After a bit of my pleading, Justin pulled over and asked the guy about it; he said his kids had outgrown it and we were free to take it!
After a good scrub down, we introduced it to Elizabeth and she was thrilled! Elizabeth LOVES her "kitchy," and I happen to love that I payed $0 for it!
Thanks God; You are soooo good to us!
It is sweet to know that the King of it all provides for our needs- and wants sometimes too!
"PEEK A BOO!"
Washing Dishes
An old soap dispenser and peanut butter jar have been great additions to the kitchen:)
The microwave really makes cooking sounds and beeps!
We didn't even have to put in new batteries!

5 comments:

Kristie said...

Now that's just too cute! :)

I'm so glad we got to have our phone date today! Love you!

Cassandra Raney said...

Whoooo hooo!!! A friend gave us a play kitchen for Noah... nevermind that it is pink and purple, he LOVES it!!! Don't you just love free stuff??? :)

FordeFam said...

wow!!! That is sooooo wonderful!!! I have been looking on cragslist for a rocking chair since the one my mom gave me when Zoe was born (already an antique) just broke!!! :( I was soooo sad!!! I'm so glad that you guys got that for her! My parents got one for the kids two years ago for Christmas and it has been soooo much fun!!! :) Oh, and I got my ideas in my blog after I read about the food rationing in Great Britain during WWII! Hahaha! That's what really calmed me down...other than remembering that we have a faithful and SOVEREIGN God! ;)

Sarah Vierling said...

oh i love play kitchens--its the real ones that cause problems for me.

good thing she is learning the wonders of the microwave at an early age!!

love you guys!

Ally said...

God is so good! That is adorable! I am so glad she is learning to cook at an early age! :-)