Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 7 for Charlotte Jane


For those of who have not yet found out this information, day 7 for Charlotte Jane ended not much longer after it started. She went home to be with Jesus this morning at 5:30 am. After one more very tough night, we left the hospital at 2:00 am this morning with a peace that we may never see Charlotte Jane on this side of Heaven. We had an incredibly tough night of watching her monitor constantly and having to face the reality that this would probably be her last day on earth.

One of the things that we do with Elaine is sing songs to her that speak of the glory and splendor of Jesus before putting her to bed. Two of our favorites are Before the Throne and O Glorious Day. Realizing that we would never have this opportunity with Charlotte, we sang to her both songs before leaving the hospital with a peace that we might not see her again. However, God is good and continues to answer prayers. One of Ang's prayers was that we would be able to hold her in our arms before she went Home. Two hours later at 4:00 am, the nurse called us and told us that she was not doing well and that we needed to come back to the hospital immediately. We got in the car, drove to the hospital and were able to spend an hour holding her before she died. This was yet another grace that God gave us. We talked about how many parents have to face miscarriages and never get to hold their babies. Although the last week has been so hard for us, we got to hold Charlotte Jane and for that we are so thankful!

We also want to say how much we have felt the love that comes from being surrounded by the Church, both our church home CityView, and so many other Christ followers who have supported us during this time. We do not know where we would be without the prayer of so many people who have come along side us and endured this suffering with us.


Memorial Service Information
We will be holding a memorial service for Charlotte Jane this Saturday (Feb. 20) at 10am. The service will be held at Fort Worth Presbyterian Church in southwest Fort Worth (6251 Oakmont Trail). This will be a time of worship to celebrate Charlotte's life and the goodness of our Savior. In lieu of flowers, we are asking that donations be made to the CityView Church children's ministry. If you still want to give flowers, we are asking for individual stem tulips of all colors-as opposed to floral arrangements.

Prayer Requests
- We are going to try and explain what's going on to Elizabeth, our 3 year old, in the morning. Pray for that conversation and that she would be able to understand and that we would be able to explain things in a way that she can grasp.

- Pray for our hearts as we move forward with life in yet another "new normal".

- Pray that we continue to trust God and cling to the promise that Jesus is enough.


30 comments:

Booyah said...

I'm so sorry Angela. I don't really pray much but I will ask God to be with you now.

Rachel Wilson said...

I am so sorry! I am praying so hard for yall! Yall have been in my prayers so much the last week and will continue to do that!

Amy said...

I am so desperately sorry for your loss. As you may or may not know, Josh and I lost our Levi 10 months ago. We found out he had died as I was being prepared to deliver him. The loss of a child is so very painful, and something that I would wish on no other parent. Know that Josh and I are praying for you, and please, do not hesitate to talk to us, as I have found the some of the most healing moments are from talking to others who had been down this road before me.

kate said...

I just wish I could give you a hug right now.
I will keep praying for you. Please know that I am always here to pray for you and encourage you in any way I possibly can. I am so proud of the way you are praising Him in such deeply painful circumstances.

Praying that God's presence will be felt and understood for you, Justin, Lizzie and Elaine.

I feel like all my words are so inadequate. I love you.
I'm here. Praying.

Josh Christopherson said...

Wish I could think of something to say... but I can't. Words fail me at the moment. I can't say I know how much pain y'all are going through... because I don't. I haven't been where you are. What I can do, and will do continually is pray for you guys... lift you up to the throne of a Father who willingly gave His Son for us... hold you before the God that brings peace in the middle of our storm. Grace and I have been praying for y'all and will continue to.

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be fearful." - John 14:27

Kristie said...

Love you, sweet friends. And I rejoice in the truth that Charlie Jane is in the presence of our Savior. I can't wait to join her there and worship Him with her.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Angela,
My heart grieves for you and your family. Know that I am praying for God's grace, love, strength & peace to be with all of you during this difficult and trying time. I love you

Rachel said...

I am so sorry. I have no words, but I am weeping for you. Praying that you would rest in the hope of Jesus.

Jen said...

Grieving with you, but rejoicing that Charlotte is with HIM! Jesus is holding her in his loving arms : )

The Mosiers said...

Grieving with you. I have no words, but praising Jesus that she is healed and with Him! Praying for your sweet family.

Unknown said...

So sorry for your loss. We will be praying for you over the next several days. May God's grace continue to strengthen you.

MMm&m said...

My heart is breaking for you, love. All I can say is that I am so thankful that Jesus is your rock and that He is wrapping you ALL in His love. I am praying for peace and rest....know that I am here, sweet friend.

Ally said...

There are no words. I am so sorry, I can't imagine the pain you guys are feeling right now. I love you and am praying for you all.

Matt and Sarah Pitts said...

Our hearts are breaking with you guys, and we're praying with you.

rhilborn said...

Angela, I don't know if you remember me from A&M but I've been praying for Charlotte. My heart is broken for you. We will continue to pray for your family.

RanAshKenCoop said...

Justin and Angela,
I have been following your blog and reading about sweet Charlotte this week. I am so sorry. I don't know what to say other than that I will continue to pray for you guys and your girls during this time. Romans 15:13 says "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope, by the power of the Holy Spirit." Ashley (Wood) Dane

mom of 4 girls said...

Justin and Angela,
Man you guys, I am so sorry. I got home today and your blog popped up on my ipod. I saw the picture first and just starting sobbing. Sometimes life just doesn't make any sense. Sometimes there are no answers this side of heaven. Ya'll hang on to each other and those little girls and God's holding His sweet little girl. We love you guys and just hang on to His promises! Joy comes in the morning. Hang on!
Charny (and Randy)

Laura said...

Angela,

Words seem so inadequate, but God knows the desires of our hearts that peace and strength be yours, Justin's, Lizzie's, and Laine's, and your extended family. My heart aches for you all, yet I know that our Jesus is so much bigger than all of your pain, and that He does nothing unless it glorfies Him. I praise Him for making Charlotte whole again in His arms. My prayers will be with you for a long time to come. Much love to you.

The Coleman Crew said...

I read your blog, sobbing... trying to grasp the pain that would come with losing a child but amazed in the utter faith you both have in God's will. Sweet Charlotte Jane is in paradise, healed and complete in Him. After speaking with my mother on Wednesday on my way to my young mother's group at church I asked the women of my group to pray for your precious family and right there all 18 of us went to the Father on your behalf. I pray God's peace, mercy and love be showered upon you. He is soverign and will never forsake you.

My Journey said...

What a testimony to the love and peace of God for His children! Praise Him for the gift of time He gave you to spend with your baby girl and making a way for you to pass Charlotte from your loving arms into His loving arms.May The body of Christ continue to minister to all your needs.


Cindy

B. Tompkins said...

Angela and Family- Our hearts are hurting for you. I wish we could do more. We will be praying for everyone and hoping that God is with you. Love and prayers from Colorado. Brandon, Alison, and Ethan Tompkins

Sarah Vierling said...

Love you guys more than I am able to communicate with words. Praying for your hearts, especially for Lizzie.

Leila said...

We are continuously lifting you up! Praying for sweet LIzzie that God would help her understand exactly what she needs to right now! We love you guys!

Leila said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

Sweet Bassetts, Blessed be the name of the Lord.

I can't even imagine how difficult this time is for you.

I will be praying for your little family through this so difficult time.

My Purpose: said...

Sweet Angela, your family is in our prayers! Know that God is already being glorified through your little girl's journey! You and Justin's faith is amazing and humbling.
Lifting you up....
Leslie Lacaria

Renee said...

I am so sorry Bassett family. My prayer is that you are able to rest in God's grace and love and know His goodness. Blessings.

ChrisandLogue said...

Praying for you and your family!

Ross and Ashley Pagenkopf said...

Loved spending some moments with you and Charlie! She is a beautiful part of this Kingdom and her life is for His glory! Love and peace to you all.

Linda/Oma said...

Dear Justin and Angela, I'm so sorry about your loss of precious Charlotte Jane! I'm praying for each of you including your two other beautiful daughters as you deal with Charlotte's heavenly homegoing!