Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 6 for Charlotte Jane

Charlotte holding her Lovie with kisses
from her sisters on it.

You may have noticed these blog updates are getting sent out later and later. We had a long night at the hospital tonight with Charlotte Jane. Unfortunately, she had a tough day. The chest tube that was taken out completely as of yesterday, had to be replaced this morning due to some lung complications. Also, her levels were pretty up and down today. With her lungs, due to the setback she suffered this morning, it is sort of like we are starting over.

On another note, we got back some testing results today and the tests that were sent off all came back negative. This is good news in some ways, as we know whatever's going on with her, is not the condition they thought it was; however, it is difficult as we still don't know the full extent of what's going on with her.

Today was a tough day for Angela and myself. More tears were shed on this day than probably any other. Please continue to pray for us as we walk down this path with her. Thank you for joining us on this journey. We have been so encouraged by the body of Christ interceding for us, suffering with us, and carrying this weight with us.

Prayer Requests
  • Peace for our family
  • That God would provide rest at a time where we are getting very little
  • Wisdom and discernment for the doctors and nurses
  • That God would be glorified and that Charlotte's life would make much of Him.

10 comments:

Amy said...

Hey Angela,
Reading this just completely breaks my heart, but I know that God will be with all of you and He will give you the strength to get through this time. You are definitely in my prayers, and I hope that your next post contains good news for little Charlotte.

Love, Amy

Lindsey Carlson said...

Angela and Justin,

Though I only know Angela from childhood and now through the wonderful internet, my heart has been captured by your story of faithfulness to our amazing God! Every day I look for your posts so that I can know how to intercede for you and your sweet girls. My heart breaks for you and I have literally been in tears reading your posts and imagining the emotions you're feeling. Know that the Carlson family is fasting and praying for your family today. We love you guys!

"The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. He determines the number of the stars; he gives to all of them their names. Great is our Lord, and abundant in power; his understanding is beyond measure."
Psalm 147:3-5

MariAnne Williamson said...

Justin and Angela,
I am so so sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine what you are experiencing right now. I am praying for your family.

LG said...

The Gentrys are praying for you guys.

Ashley said...

Hey Justin and Angela and fam, this is Ashley Marshall (Absalom). We are praying for you guys and our hearts are breaking too. I'm so sorry that Charlotte is in her other home now. I know you must miss her sorely. She was so very beautiful. We love you guys.

Unknown said...

Hey guys, praying for you and the whole family. Your handling of a tough situation is an encouragement and is glorifying to God. He is good and He'll sustain you. Peace

Anna Tamar said...

Praying so hard for your family. Beautiful Charlotte is in the arms of Jesus. I am so grieved by your loss, Justin and Angela. I pray the Lord holds you up and showers your family with love and mercy, grace and peace.

John and Anna Murphey

Donald and Angela said...

Bassetts -
Wow. Our hearts break for you. We are encouraged by your faith and trust in our good Jesus. We will be praying for your family. That your hearts would be filled with a peace unexplainable and a great joy. We praise our God for Charlotte's life.

donald & angela

Kevin and Becky said...

I've been pr-ing for Charlotte this week without even yet knowing she was born. I'm not really sure what else to say besides we'll keep praying for you. Love to you!

The Campbell Family said...

I shed many tears with you this morning when I heard the news. I can't even begin to imagine how you are feeling, but it breaks my heart! I will continue to pray for peace and we will certainly be there to support you and your family on Saturday.