Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 2 for Charlotte Jane

Just a quick post...
Today was a good day for Charlotte. They were able to drop her ventilator levels and oxygen level and let her do a little more breathing work on her own. She was showing a little bit of jaundice, so she is currently under the photo light to regulate her bilirubin levels and wearing some stellar goggles to protect her eyes:) Before she got her goggles though, she was opening her eyes a good bit to meet her Grammy and Pop! Nana and Paw Paw also got to meet Charlie Jane today... everyone is in love! Sweet Lizzie and Lainie sent their kisses on a lovie to Charlotte. When I tossed the lovie in my purse to take to the hospital, Lizzie said, "Mommy, be careful! You don't want to lose our kisses for Charlotte!" I think the lovie is going to go back and forth with us to send "sissy kisses."
One of my favorite times in a day is snuggle time with my big girls. I now have a new favorite, snuggle time with Charlotte. While we aren't able to hold our little princess, she can tightly grip our fingers while we chat. It is pretty special, and Justin and I had some good snuggle time with our little girl tonight.

We are thankful for another day for with our girl!
Thanks for the prayers and reminders of God's truth.

Psalm 121
I raise my eyes toward the mountains.
Where will my help come from?

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

He will not allow your foot to slip;
your Protector will not slumber.

Indeed, the Protector of Israel
does not slumber or sleep.

The Lord protects you;
the Lord is a shelter right by your side.

The sun will not strike you by day,
or the moon by night.

The Lord will protect you from all harm;
He will protect your life.

The Lord will protect your coming and going
both now and forever.

7 comments:

kate said...

Angela~

I had no idea all of this was going on! Psalm 121 is one of my all time favorite passages and I will certainly be praying it for Charlotte in the day and weeks to come.

I don't know what kind of challenges and adventures await you & your family with regards to Charlotte but the Lord does I am speaking from experience when I say that He can redeem anything & the way He'll use this experience and your precious little girl will be unspeakably amazing.

Praying for you as you stay the course.

With so much Love,
Kate

Kristie said...

Sissy kisses...oh, how I adore your girls and their precious hearts. All three of them have stolen mine. :) So thankful I got to see you for a bit yesterday. Lizzie, Lainie, and Charlotte are blessed to have you guys as their parents. Praying for another good day today, that the Lord would make Himself known in mighty ways! Love y'all!

Sarah Vierling said...

Ang and Justin--

I'm praying for you guys. Actually, my whole family is! We love all 5 of you!

Praying the Lord would comfort your girls hearts, give you guys rest, and strengthen little Charlotte as He watches over her.

I am blessed to have friends like you guys.

Sarah

John David said...

The Murphey family is praying for you. We believe God's going to do wondrous things through this.

Whitney said...

the Rays are praying for all of you. 'May the LORD bless you and keep you; may the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; may the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.’

Natalie said...

i am praying for your sweet baby. may the lord bless and keep her, may his face shine upon her and be gracious to her and give her peace. And you as well.

The Campbell Family said...

I love the "sissy kisses". How precious!! Love all your girls. Praying for you- the goggles are super cute w/ the phototherapy- we just went through that earlier this week. Love you Bassett Family!!