Monday, November 10, 2008

Little Bo Peep and Her Lost Sheep

So, for Halloween, I really wanted something for the girls to dress up as together. However, in all of my searching, I came up with a lot of boy/girl pairings and even a lot of boy/boy pairings, but no good girl/girl combinations. Finally, I came across the idea of Little Bo Peep and her lost sheep- perfect! I initially planned on making both of the girls' costumes, but after coming across an $8 bunny outfit at WalMart, I decided to buy it and just make a few modifications. I did make Elizabeth's costume and learned all about the art of "gathering" in the process. Being the thrifty woman that I am, I am proud to say that everything included, Little Bo Peep's costume cost $4.50 and a lot of good learning time:)
We had a great time Halloween night. CityView again sponsored bounce houses in neighborhoods of our church members, so we hung out at one of them. What a great way to meet people and share the love of Christ. What Satan intends for evil can be redeemed!
Elizabeth also got her first taste of trick or treating. Raegan, Anna Beth, and Aidan all helped her along the way. She was very good at saying thank you, but about half way through, her candy bucket got too heavy to carry! Elaine made the rounds with us, snuggled up in Nana's arms; about the same time Lizzie's bucket got too heavy, Elaine decided she was through counting sheep and went to sleep. It was such a fun night and great to be in a community where everyone just sits out on their driveways and hangs out together!
Little Bo Peep
Has lost her sheep!
"Maybe if I ring this bell, she'll see that I'm right here!"
Hooray! I found her!
Nana and Paw Paw had her the whole time!
A nice little family pic
Hanging out at Daddy's office:) They had a super fun party for all of the kids.
Snuggly little lamb!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Precious little girls! :)

Ally said...

Too cute, you are so crafty! I am very impressed!

The Campbell Family said...

Love their costumes! What a creative idea. They looked adorable. Good for you being thrifty, that's a talent for sure!! (My Mom's very good at it too)