Friday, October 31, 2008

5 Months!

Sweet Elaine is 5 months old and just so stinkin' precious! She is even more chill than Elizabeth was at this age, which is pretty crazy! In the past month, she has gotten over the hump of fussy time and really likes hanging out with Daddy when he gets home from work, greeting him with a gummy smile rather than shrill screams. Elaine loves to just lay on her tummy and back and play with her toys or look around at all that is going on. Although she did conquer rolling 360 degrees this month, she prefers rolling over her left shoulder. Most of the time she just rolls over and when she tires of that position, she rolls right back to her original spot. She is a determined grabber; most often my hair gets the brunt of this skill but anything within reach is fair game! She loves her rice cereal before bed, but mommy milk is still her favorite! The spitting up continues; however I don't think it is quite as bad as it was, or maybe I just expect it now! Although she has had a couple of sniffles and what I would call a minor cold, overall Elaine has been very healthy. Praise God! We haven't been to the doctor in a month, but I would say she weighs somewhere around 15 pounds and is getting longer, as she has grown out of one of her sleep sacks. Other favorites include her exersaucer, being outside, snuggling in her knock off moby wrap, and watching Elizabeth. She is sleeping about 10 hours at night and taking two good naps during the day, one of them usually while Elizabeth "naps"(it has become more of rest time with occasional sleep).
And now what you really want... more pics!
Yes, I did put a bow in her "hair." I believe gender neutral outfits necessitate a bow:)
Elaine playing with her "teaching toy" as Elizabeth calls it.
The sun was way too bright at the pumpkin patch! This is the best I could get.
Yes, our child prodigy is reading:)
Feet are such great toys! She prefers socks off though!
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Elaine has somewhat figured out the sippy cup.
Friends! Elaine, Juliet, and Sophia were all born within six weeks of each other. There are so many babies at CityView; Elaine loves it!

3 comments:

Kristie said...

I love it, I love it, I love it!!! I'm coming over to play soon, I promise! Tell the girls they can't grow anymore until I do! :)

The Campbell Family said...

I love all the new pictures of Elaine! So precious :)

MMm&m said...

great pics!!! we need to catch up soon!!!