Thursday, March 20, 2008

God is SOOOO GOOD!

So, when Elizabeth was born, she was covered for a year under medicaid because of all of our crazy insurance stuff moving to Texas from New Jersey. NICE! When she turned one though, she no longer qualified, but they said we did qualify for CHIPS. This was all well and fine, until we realized that Dr. Scroggie, also my childhood pediatrician, did not accept CHIPS. I was so sad, but decided we could deal with a different doc and save a lot of money on insurance. Well, Elizabeth has not needed to go to the doctor for the past six months- HUGE PRAISE! When it came time for her 18 month check up, Justin said we could just pay out of pocket for Elizabeth to have her well check with Dr. Scroggie, whom we really trust. I had called in advance to find out the cost, and we had planned to pay for the visit in full today. When I arrived though, the receptionist said she could not accept money from me, because Elizabeth is on CHIPS. I started stressing thinking that we may not be able to have her appointment. However, she then informed me that their office is in the intermediate stages of signing with CHIPS, and if Dr. Scroggie okayed it, they could see her under CHIPS. Thankfully Dr. Scroggie is the BEST and said that would be fine, so we had a great appointment and walked out without paying ANYTHING!

At Bible study recently we were discussing the disciples lack of understanding of Jesus as their provider. Just after they watched him feed over 4,000 people with just seven loaves of bread and a few small fish, they are all stressed out because they only have one loaf of bread for their journey. Jesus responds with "Why are you talking about having no bread? Do you still not see or understand?..." God clearly showed up today as our provider, and I pray that I would be reminded of this and many other instances where He has clearly come through the next time I am worried about "bread." Are you trusting God as your provider?










I went prepared to pay, but not prepared to wait...no favorite books or toys:( But, several silly songs, a sticker from the wonderful recptionsit who helped with insurance stuff, and the digital camera came through! Here are a few naked shots while waiting in our room.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

God IS good. So glad all that worked out!
And did I notice a new name on the header???

I can't wait for baby Bassett number 2!!

Love you Ang!