Monday, March 31, 2008

Finger Lickin' Good!

Last Friday we had a fun night with friends, old and new (well, newer)! God is so cool how he weaves our lives together in various seasons. In college, Justin and I were in leadership for Impact, a ministry for incoming freshmen. During that time, we became friends with Matt and Sarah, and now, we are at CityView where we have become friends with Adam and Taber. Crazily, Matt and Adam were good friends back in high school, and we all live relatively close together now. It was a fun night for the "grown ups," and Elizabeth and Addison enjoyed their play time as well.


In preparation for the night, I decided to make some brownies! Elizabeth was eager to put her apron on and help as well. (My belly gets in the way and quite messy these days if I attempt baking without an apron.) Elizabeth was great at stirring and pouring, and I even taught her the naughty trick of licking your fingers when you get a little on you! However, after the brownies were in the oven, and I allowed her to join in the licking of the bowl, she looked and me and said, "Nana, peas, peas!" (translated- Banana please!) As crazy as I thought she was, a banana she received! I smiled and thought, I have done something right; she likes the stuff that is good for her! She has not been completely corrupted by the sugar bug!
Here are a few pics of my little helper...



3 comments:

Jen said...

That looks YUMMY!!!!! So, I copied you...I like your new section "Current Reads"! I added that and the Library Thing to my blog...so fun! You're like me, reading at least three or more books at once!

BrunerAbroad said...

Hey Angela! I don't know if you remember me or not - I was a freshman coming in to Phi Lamb the year you were VP. It's been a long time since I've seen you! I stumbled upon your blog today - you have such a beautiful family and it's amazing to see how God is blessing you and working through you!

God bless!

Laura

Matt and Sarah Pitts said...

It was so fun hanging out with you guys!! Elizabeth is precious; it was so nice to meet her and get to know her door-closing ways!