Friday, August 21, 2009

Back to School Banana Walnut Muffins (and sister pics)

I wanted to share a yummy and easy recipe for those of you who have kiddos heading back to school on Monday. I have made the muffins the past two weeks, and everyone in the house is a fan! Add a glass of milk and maybe some eggs or some fruit and you have a delicious breakfast!

1/2 c. softened butter
1 c. sugar (I used a little less)
1 tsp. vanilla
3 to 4 ripened bananas
3/4 c. flour
3/4 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 eggs
1 c. walnuts or pecans
Blend first 4 ingredients. Add remaining and mix until blended. Fill paper muffin cups with batter and bake 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees. I made half without nuts and then just added a half cup of nuts for the second half of the batch. It makes exactly 2 dozen muffins. I think next time I will add in some milled flax seed and maybe try to up the whole wheat flour. Hope you enjoy!



2 comments:

The Campbell Family said...

Sounds like a tasty recipe! Love the "sister" pictures. SOOOO cute! How are you feeling these days? Is pregnancy #3 going well so far??

Ally said...

mmm sounds great, i'm going to try those this weekend. I'm going to add flax seed so i'll let you know how it goes!

LOVE the sister pics, too cute!