Tuesday, March 3, 2009

9 Months for Lainie K!

Precious Elaine is at it again- GROWING UP! This has been a fun month to see her personality unfold and her skills increase. Elaine is definitely my feisty one! Staying still on the changing table- forget about it, letting you buckle her easily into her booster seat- not without a fight, staying on a blanket outside- are you kidding me?! She has a zest in her that is just precious, but I can already tell that she is going to test me in very different ways than Elizabeth has!
Elaine is a master crawler and puller upper now, so very little is safe. For this reason, I have had to teach Elizabeth about "choking hazards" and boy do they seem to be everywhere! Elaine is beginning to associate meaning with sounds. For example she knows "Mama" gets my attention, when I tell her no, she stops what she is doing periodically and will respond with "na na", whenever Kyleigh walks by, she says "Daaah!", and she has mastered "buhbuh" and a wave when she or someone else is leaving.
After a bout with a tummy bug, we dealt with some nasty diaper rash and terrible sleeping at night, but I think we are finally settling back into a routine of some sort.
I would still categorize Elaine as a "gaggy girl," having a hard time keeping everything down. This has made transitioning to table food rather difficult. Even thickening the food that I make for her has proven a challenge... oh well, we'll get there someday.
Elaine loves her lamb chop, giggling, attention from Elizabeth, music, and sitting big in the shopping cart.
Elaine does not like being confined and not getting to play with Lizzie and Addie.
Our sweet girl gives us so much to smile about!


Quick story: Monday, Granny and Nana came to visit. At lunch, Nana was feeding Elaine her green beans, evidently not quickly enough. The following are the results.


so proud of her accomplishment!

messy nana!

happy kyleigh!!

2 comments:

The Campbell Family said...

Elaine is just precious! Call me crazy, but in one of the pictures she looked a little like your Dad, maybe it was just an expression. Anyways, hope you are doing well. Thanks for all the prayers. :)

Kristie said...

So fun! I can't believe how big she's getting! :)