Thursday, February 28, 2008

I Love Wednesdays!

Alright, call me crazy, but I eagerly wait in anticipation for Wednesday. On Wednesday, my circulars arrive, and I get to see what kind of bargains I can find for the following week! I have decided to note a few of my good finds for anyone who is interested. The only thing is, the prices are only effective in the DFW area. However, it is likely that the same kinds of things are on sale nationally based on season or manufacturers' discounts.
If the item is a national brand or a type of produce, WalMart will price match, except for buy one get one offers. This is how I cut down on grocery trips! I simply circle the item and note the price at the top of the ad. When placing my items on the counter, I put my price matched items last and inform the cashier that I have price matched items.
If it is a store brand or buy one get one offer, you will have to actually visit the store by which it is advertised. Often, I look for whoever has the most deals on things I need and visit that store during the week. Look closely at the ad, because sometimes deals are restricted to a 2 or 3 day special sale!
Here are a few of this week's deals!

February 27-March 4
Albertsons:
Yoplait Yogurt $.50 each (same as WalMart, but Albertsons doubles a $.40 off 6 coupon from the
Sunday paper, making them $.37 each)
Blue Bell Half Gallon $3.67 each
Albertsons Butter $1.99/lb (limit 2, Fri-Sun only, you can freeze butter for 2 months!)
Albertsons Eggs $.99/doz (limit 1, Fri-Sun only)
C&H Sugar $.99/4lb (limit 1, Fri-Sun only)
93% Lean Ground Beef$1.99/lb (3 lb or more, Fri-Sun only)
Fresh Salmon $4.99/lb (Fri-Sun only)
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts $1.88/lb (in butcher block)
All Grapes $1.49/lb

Tom Thumb:
Baby Peeled Carrots $1.00/lb
CheezIts $1.50 each
Keebler Cookies $1.50 each
Dial Hand Soap $1.00 each
Red Bell Peppers $1.00 each

Kroger:
Nectarines $1.00/lb
Broccoli $1.00/lb
Fresh Express Spinach/Bagged Salad $1.00/lb
Yellow Squash $1.00/lb
Zucchini $1.00/lb
Kroger Orange Juice $2.99/gallon (WalMart brand typically 3.94/gallon)
Popsicles $1.00/12 ct.
Pasta Roni $1.00 each
Avocados $.50/each

Minyard:
Green Bell Peppers $.50/each
Sweet Potatoes $.69/lb
Red Grapes $.99/lb (Fri-Sun only)

WalMart:
Cheerios 11.3-14 oz $1.88 each

That's all for now! Hope this helps someone else save a little cash!

No comments: