Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A coat hanger, a plunger, and a cottage cheese lid

This evening after dinner I realized that when I turned on the disposal, water and debris came up the other side! Yuck! After several attempts to clear it out, Justin decided to become Mr. Plummer. With me as his lovely assistant, he began taking pipes apart and catching water in plastic tubs. Unfortunately, the clog was unreachable. We tried to get a coat hanger through without resolve. Draino was not effective. Finally, in desperation, I held the lid of a cottage cheese container over the opening in the pipe and Justin used the plunger over the drain. When we tested it, no more clog!!!! Amazing what you can do when you are determined not to spend money on calling a plummer.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

the walton house prepared you for any and every home mishap.

mr. holleman would be proud.

Kristie said...

You two never cease to amaze me. :)

How are my little girls doing? It's been a few weeks since I've seen you...where's that belly picture??? :)