Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Thankful for Hope


Hope was still in my belly when this pic was taken:)


Had things happened as I had wanted in the past 9 months, I would have baby Hope in my arms today or would be eagerly awaiting her arrival. Instead, I am left with a strange mix of emotions today as I grieve the baby I never got to hold, yet I carry another life in my womb. As someone who believes fervently in the sovereignty of God, I am confident this is God's plan and is His best for our family. However, that doesn't change that I wonder why?, and let my mind wander to the what ifs.
I got to share our story about Charlotte and Hope with a new friend yesterday, and I was reminded of God's "Never Stopping, Never Giving Up, Unbreaking, Always and Forever Love." (from the Jesus Storybook Bible) Throughout the incredibly overwhelming and, at times, unbearable past 15 months, we have come to know our God's love like never before. He has never ceased to be our comfort and our protection and our provider. So today as I rock between the waves of emotions, I can cling to truth to anchor me! God has allowed our suffering and tears for His glory and our good. We are his children, as are Charlotte and Hope; therefore every moment they were in my womb and every breath breathed were at His command and because of His great love for them and for our family.

Thank you Lord for Baby Hope and how much you have taught our family in her absence. I trust You and believe that the 10 weeks she was in my womb were your perfect plan. I am thankful for the HOPE we have in You that never changes thanks to Jesus. I cling to you Jesus!
Hebrews 6:19-20
19We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain, 20where Jesus has gone as a forerunner on our behalf, having become a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.

2 comments:

Mike and Becky said...

Your words over this past year, through your struggles, have greatly encouraged me during my own struggles with trying to become a mother. You are such a godly woman and wonderful mommy, and I hope to be half the mother you are when the Lord blesses us with our own children! Love you girl!

Tracy Cummings said...

Thank you for sharing Angela...I definitely needed to hear that today