Tuesday, March 16, 2010

3.5 Years for Lizzie Grace!

Yesterday officially marked my big girl's 3.5 year birthday. We don't celebrate those around here, but we did acknowledge it, and I figure it is time for a little update on her life!
This girl is beyond smart, and if I could just wrap my mind around the way her mind works... that would be impressive! I do know this, she is much like her daddy in that her brain has a very hard time resting; she is always analyzing something. If you say something once just in passing, don't be shocked when she brings it back up days or even weeks later! Reading books remains a favorite things to do along with puzzles, coloring, playing doll house, helping me bake, teaching Elaine new things, and overall being helpful! It is absolutely precious to see Elizabeth and her little girl friends at church! They run to hug and greet one another and genuinely look forward to their times together; there are about 8 or so little ladies around the same age that I can just picture growing up together! It is a blessing that Justin and I not only enjoy the community of CityView, but our girls do too.
Beginning in September, Elizabeth will start preschool 2 days a week, and I think she is really ready for it. Lizzie School has been great, but I think she is looking forward to more interaction with kids. Lately I have seen a great improvement in her control when coloring and in her penmanship, but which hand she will choose as her dominant still remains a mystery! Most of the time she can count up into the 50s with very little correction, and she loves to practice her addition. Lizzie's awareness of environmental print is phenomenal and I think we are on the verge of her wanting to do some reading on her own.
Elizabeth continues to be at the top of the growth charts (around the 90th percentile in height and weight) and has pretty much outgrown the toddler clothes! I'm not sure if I am quite ready for the big girl clothing section, but thankfully, she isn't too picky and seems to be fairly agreeable when it comes to her wardrobe.
Oh, how we love this girl! To hear her sing O Glorious Day at the top of her lungs and to long to know more about Jesus is precious. We pray that we would be able to continue to grow her in the ways of Truth and that she may be used mightily by God for His Kingdom.

Yummy Cookies with Addie!

Top photo compliments of our friend Cassie.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love, love, love my sweet Lizzie Grace! Where did 3.5 years go?!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.