Thursday, January 15, 2009

Milestones


This has been a VERY eventful week in the Bassett home!
On Monday evening, Elaine took a random late nap, so she was still awake at 10:00. Justin made the comment, "Maybe she wants to crawl before she goes to bed." He sat her down on the floor, and off she went! Since then, she has become more confident and is able to go farther without collapsing, so she can actually make it to her goal of a toy or Kyleigh or a no no! It is really fun to watch, because she is so petite. Time to get serious about all of Lizzie's choking hazard toys!
For Elizabeth, this has been a big week, because she received her first ever haircut! As much as I loved her pretty long hair, it was getting stringy, and the time had come. So, off we went to Cool Cuts 4 Kids (probably will not return until Lainie's first haircut b/c of the cost), and let me tell you, it was an event! Elizabeth sat in a fire engine, ate a pink lemonade sucker, and watched Dora, pretty much oblivious to what was going on with her hair! I must say, I was a little nervous about how she would do, but I ended up being pleasantly surprised! Her hair doesn't look too much different, but it does seem a little thicker and healthier. Gerri, her stylist was great; however, I think in the future she will come to the salon of Mommy and Daddy:) I can buy suckers, and we definitely have plenty of Dora around here! It's just that whole cutting hair thing...
Here are a few proofs of this week's events.

?


Elizabeth has also become quite the little helper, putting her clean laundry away, giving Elaine appropriate toys, and taking care of Kyleigh. Tonight, Justin and I were both working on dinner, and I asked Lizzie to feed Kyleigh. About 30 seconds later, I realized I still heard food being poured into Kyleigh's bowl! Yikes! Needless to say, at this moment Kyleigh is laying pitifully full on the couch:)

5 comments:

Kristie said...

What a big week for you guys! I'm so happy Elaine is crawling! I can't believe she's big enough for that already. Kiss those sweet girls for me and we'll hang out soon! Love you!

Rachel said...

Wow! I can't believe she is already crawling! What a big girl.

Jen said...

Your girls are so adorable! I can't wait to dress my little boys the same : ) Love you!

MMm&m said...

I LOVE it...all of it! And your necklace is done!!! Is it OK if I put in in the mail early next week?

The Campbell Family said...

The girls are so precious. How exciting to watch Elaine crawling. How fun for Elizabeth to have her first hair cut. I have to say we've gone to haircuts at home also b/c prices are absolutely ridiculous at salons!! I get by with going once a year.