Monday, January 5, 2009

7 Months!

In all the hustle and bustle of the holidays, our sweet Elaine turned 7 months old. She is a very busy girl growing and picking up new skills almost daily! Elaine has mastered getting up on her hands and knees and rocking and sitting herself up, and she will likely be crawling any day now. Her inability to crawl does not stop her from getting what she wants though! She is very determined and rolls/scoots her way to whatever she sets her eyes on. Elaine is also our snuggler, and when she is not too busy, she loves to bury her face in your chest and just let you hold her:) Her laugh is precious, and she is starting to giggle when she recognizes that things aren't right, for example when Elizabeth puts a necklace on Kyleigh or when I am wearing a pink cowboy hat to play dress up with Lizzie. Elaine's diet has expanded quite a bit in the past month. Today I made a big batch of baby food including green peas, green beans, carrots, sweet potatoes and squash, all of which she LOVES! Amazingly, she has a much harder time with fruits; she finally decided that she likes applesauce, and we are working on peaches, but every attempt at bananas has resulted in gagging and an awful face! Elaine was a champ getting her first 2 teeth; her only symptom was night waking and wanting to nurse for comfort. I am not sure how much she weighs these days, because praise God, she has been healthy and we don't go for another well- check until 9 months. She is getting some cute little rolls on her legs, but otherwise she is still long and lean. The spitting up continues, but I have become pretty immune to it and the lingering smell. Someday she will not spit up... someday:) But someday she will also not be a precious baby, so I'll take the spit up and enjoy these moments!
You think they are related?
Daddy LOVE!
Look Kyleigh! I have 2 teeth!
Stylin'
Sisters sportin' their camo! After all, it was the first day of Duck Season!
We get a lot of questions and comments about whether or not Elizabeth and Elaine look alike. I'll let you be the judge. Here is Elizabeth at 7 months.

3 comments:

The Campbell Family said...

Your little girls are so precious! I loved the update and the pictures. I can't decide about the girls, in some ways they do look so similar, but others so different. I have to say I thought Elizabeth looked just like you where Elaine reminds me more of Justin, but I think there's a good mix in both. Such sweeties! I hope to see them soon. Maybe La's wedding??

Kristie said...

Love it! They are so stinking precious. Love you guys! Kiss those sweet girls for me!

MMm&m said...

Kisses, kisses!! What fun and how precious!!!! Loves!!!