Sunday, July 27, 2008

8 weeks and 22 months

My sweetie pies in their bloomers Sisto bought them!

We are blessed with two very good sleepers!
Elaine has gone as long as 8 hours between feedings at night, and she takes pretty good naps during the day too!
Elizabeth sleeps a good 12 hours at night and functions best if she gets a good at least 2 hour afternoon nap. This pic makes me feel like she is still my baby! It is going to be tough to see her in her big girl bed once we move! Lamb, Dora, Blankie, and Paci are all important to her sleep; not sure when we will ditch the paci.
We are also blessed two with Happy girls!
Elizabeth rarely does not have a smile on her face, especially lately as she is continually accomplishing new feats! "All by self!" and "Elizabeth can do it!" are phrases we hear frequently, and it is so fun to watch her exert her independence.Elizabeth's imagination and creativity keep me smiling and laughing!
Elaine is all smiles these days! She loves to sit in our laps and "talk" to us. She also enjoys talking to the animals on her activity mat as well as the birds and butterflies that rotate above her swing.
Today's Sip and See was a success! My Aunt Sisto and mom's good friend Carolyn had a shower for our friends and family to get together and celebrate Elaine. We also got lots of diapers and gift cards which is a HUGE blessing!
Elaine was pretty tired from her big day at church, but she managed to give a few smiles and coos to her audience.

Elizabeth was quite popular at the party as well!

Elaine's third cousin Taylor was also in attendance. He is about a month younger that Elaine and was not interested in chatting today. I am sure the day will soon come when these two get into lots of trouble together!

After a very long day, I insisted on a good pic of the girls together. After a crying battle with big sis (no nap today!), I managed to get a couple of good ones. Aren't their matching dresses precious? Thanks Nana!

3 comments:

Kristie said...

So so precious! I wish I could have made it yesterday! Looks like you guys had fun. :) Let's get together soon! Elaine has gotten so big since Aunt Kristie has seen her and I need some play time with Elizabeth! I love you guys!

MMm&m said...

Hello to my precious friend and her precious girls! I love you all!!

The Campbell Family said...

I love their cute little dresses!! So sad that we couldn't be there, but Mom and Dad tell me the girls were precious! :) Miss ya Ang