Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A quarter of a century!

It's true! On Monday, my precious hubby turned 25 years old! Not a big milestone to many, but in my book it deserves merit. In Justin's 25 years, God has done an amazing work in his life. I have been blessed to walk through life with him as a friend, girlfriend, fiance, and wife for over 6 of those years, and it has been incredible! God's work in Justin's life is something to be celebrated!
In the past year, God has grown Justin into an awesome Daddy who really is a great example to Elizabeth of our loving Heavenly Father. He can somehow make her giggle in a way no one else can. He cheers her on and rejoices in her accomplishments. He lets her explore and yet protects her from danger. Her face lights up in his presence as does his in hers. Watching them together makes my heart melt! A few of their favorite things to do together are... Sonic dates, floor snuggle time, chill in the backyard, watch football and ride the rocking horse (Eliz rides, Daddy makes the horse go crazy!).

As for Justin as my husband, he has really been great about protecting our relationship in the chaos of our lives. Between parenting, seminary, the money job and being a pastor at CityView, time together can be a commodity! However, he has truly been steadfast about guarding our alone time and seeing that our marriage is a priority. If that is a simple walk together in the evening, a special date night, or a surprise get away to celebrate our "dating anniversary," he takes good care of me and reminds me often of his love for me! Even in small ways like humoring me by watching The Biggest Loser with me or taking our own picture the old fashioned way (see below), he forsakes his own desires for mine. What a prince!
I love him like crazy and am so thankful that God called us together as husband and wife. I can imagine no one more perfect to walk this journey alongside. Happy birthday my love!



2 comments:

Kristie said...

So sweet.... I love that one of Justin and Elizabeth's favorite things to do is watch football together. :)

I hope you guys had a great time celebrating Justin's birthday! :)

Unknown said...

*dark humor warning*

"A quarter of a century"...or you could just say approximately 1/3 dead. ;)

Hey...it could be worse. I'm approaching 1/2 dead.

Birthdays rock.