Monday, August 20, 2007

Running Makes Me a Better...

Running is something I have always loved to do, but I have been on somewhat of a hiatus for a couple of years. When we moved to New Jersey, it was not safe for me to just go running, then when we returned to Texas, I was a rather large pregnant woman, and then after having Elizabeth, with crazy schedules and such, I just didn't have it in me. Now, however, I have dream baby who goes down between 8:00 and 9:00 sleeps until 9:00 the next morning on a normal day! Justin doesn't have to leave for work until 8:00, so this leaves me with an early morning window of opportunity. Although 6:30 am seems quite early when I don't have to get up, I feel like a whole new woman when I do! I have started off slowly, just running a couple of miles, but it is such sweet time! From the sunrise to the wind against my skin to the sound of the birds, my senses are awakened to God's beauty in this time. It seems that during the rest of the day, I am much more consumed with my "to do list", and I miss out on the good stuff around me. I had forgotten how much God uses my running time to convict me, teach me, and love on me, so running makes me a better follower of Jesus. When I return home, I am able to make breakfast for Justin and spend a little time with him before he leaves for work, so running makes me a better wife. After Justin leaves for work, I get to have some Jesus time in the word and get things done around the house, leaving me more time to actually get on the floor and play with Elizabeth later in the day, so running makes me a better mommy!
Not that running is magical or anything, it is just what God has given me as a tool to start my day and in effect, make me a more productive follower of Jesus, wife, and mommy. Thanks God for your good gifts to us!
I'll leave you with a few pics of course!!!



1 comment:

FordeFam said...

Oy! I'm working on getting a treadmill from a friend of mine! She offered it to me a while back for FREE!!! I am praying that she still has it so I can start experiencing the things in your blog!!! I think I may be doing some power walking though! ;) Blessings and thanks for the sweet comment about Lenci!!! Hahaha! I think our children are on a similar sleep schedule! It is wonderful! :)