Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Giving Thanks

While this year has been rough to say the least, thankfulness still abounds in my heart. It was good to have a season where it was on the forefront of my mind; God is gracious and good to an undeserving people. For that I am thankful. My perspective, after reading Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper, has shifted. Thankfulness flows when your grasp that "for redeemed sinners, every good thing-indeed every bad thing that God turns for good-was obtained for us by the cross of Christ. Apart from the death of Christ, sinners get nothing but judgment. Apart from the cross of Christ, there is only condemnation. Therefore everything that you enjoy in Christ-as a Christian, as a person who trusts Christ-is owing to the death of Christ. And all your rejoicing in all things should therefore be a rejoicing in the cross where all your blessings were purchased for you at the cost of the death of the Son of God, Jesus Christ." Thank you Jesus for buying it ALL with your blood!



This year for Thanksgiving we took the month of November and memorized Psalm 100 together. The girls did a great job with it!

These leaves hung throughout our home listing the many things we have to be thankful for:)

Lizzie's Thanksgiving Feast at school was fun! Chicken Express for all!

Look at that pretty turkey head!!

The weather kept us away from our usual Turkey Trot, instead Hungry Hungry Hippos and...

Pioneer Woman Cinnamon Rolls... YUMMO!

Here are the girls saying their verse... too cute!

My sweet family:)

Cousins! Amoriyah was a great participant in the fun of Thanksgiving:)

LEAVES are the best part of Thanksgiving as far as my girls are concerned! My Aunt and Uncle live on acreage with an abundance of oak trees. The tradition has become to rake up the leaves and then have races into the piles... Marin and Lizzie are special sweet cousins and friends! I only wish The Woodlands wasn't so far away!

I don't think this smile came off of Lizzie's face the whole afternoon!

Lainie joined in on the action!

Who needs toys?!

Too many cameras!

These kiddos slept like champs that night!

Leaf Ladies!

Precious Memories Made!

2 comments:

Kevin and Becky said...

I just wanted to say that I actually had a Pioneer Woman cinnamon roll the other day. Well, I guess to be more accurate I should say I had a bite or two of a Pioneer Woman cinnamon roll. It was so stinkin' rich! Way to go setting traditions with your fam, Ang. You're a super mom to me.

The Campbell Family said...

You are sooo blessed! What a beautiful and wonderful family you have! Love you sweet lady! (and I think I need to check out this pioneer woman thing... I've heard a few different people mention it lately...)