Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Elizabeth Grace is 3 Years Old!


Tuesday marked our precious girl's 3rd birthday! Justin and I had a good time reminiscing about the big day, and Lizzie, well, let's just say she is VERY WELL LOVED! We had a blast on Saturday when six of her little friends and their moms joined us for a TinkerBell party! All of the little girls were sooo cute, and I think they had a really good time, I know I did! Tuesday, on her real birthday, Elizabeth chose Jason's Deli as her celebratory restaurant; I am guessing it has something to do with the free ice cream! We were joined by Grammy, Pop, Mamaw, Aunt Jenn, Uncle Brandon, and Nana for dinner (Paw Paw and Granny and Grandaddy were all out of town).

Now for a little taste of life in the world of Lizzie these days... Elizabeth Grace is now my rise 'n' shine girl, so typically a little before 7:00, I hear our bedroom door open and roll over to see my precious girl ready to go! She loves to pick out her own clothes (as well as Lainie's) and to dress herself, which I LOVE! Potty training is done, while we still have the occasional accident. When I ask, "Elizabeth, why did you have an accident?" Usually, she is quite honest and will respond, "I was just being lazy!" Overall though, I am very thankful she does as well as she does. Lizzie has also conquered buckling her car seat all by herself- this is hugely helpful to me. These are just a few of Elizabeth's accomplishments and exertions of her independence. She is incredibly helpful, and while we have those challenging moments, Elizabeth is overall obedient and desires to make Mommy and Daddy happy.

There is plenty to post about Elizabeth's personality and preferences, but in lieu of an extra long post, I am vowing to post more frequent quips from the mouth of my 3 year old. These will be sure to keep you laughing! Just today, as Lizzie did a household shoe sweep for me, she came to Justin's black dress shoes.
Lizzie: "Mommy, are these Daddy's fancy tappin' shoes?"
Me: "Oh, his black ones, sure!"
Lizzie: "So he likes to dance like the Fresh Beat Band?!" (a new fun dancing show on Nick)
Me: "Sure he does!"
Lizzie: "Alright, I'll take them to his room!"

Thanks for all of the smiles and sweet moments! We love you Elizabeth Grace!

Warning: the pics below are in no order! I uploaded sooo many, and it was just going to take forever to order them chronologically. Just enjoy the cuteness!

The ICE CREAM, what we came for!

Snacking and watching a little TinkerBell.

Icing the cupcakes all by herself! (With a little taste test)

Decorating their Fairy Wands

Checkin' out the wings in the mirror

Ready for a TInkerBell party!

With best boy buddy Aidan. They have so much fun together! Aidan felt compelled to put Lizzie's shoes on for her:)

At gymnastics class walking backward on the beam!

Birthday Pigs in a Blanket for a 3 Year Old!

YUMMY Chocolate milk from Starbucks with Daddy following a big girl birthday haircut. (Elaine was jealous!)

Doodling on her new Princess Magnadoodle in her new princess dress!

Happy Birthday to Lizzie with her best pal Addie!
The DOLL HOUSE! Thanks Grammy and Pop!!!
Lizzie School has begun, and we are having lots of fun! Here, she had to unscramble the letters in her name and glue them on her place mat. She did great!

4 comments:

The Campbell Family said...

What a precious little girl!! Love all the photos and stories. Looks like she had a wonderful birthday party! :) Cute big girl haircut too!

Kevin and Becky said...

Well I certainly can't blame her for choosing Jason's Deli for her birthday dinner...I've been thinking about starting a letter campaign to get them to go international. Maybe Lizzie will help me out, seeing that she's learning how to write.

The Allens said...

Oh my gosh your daughters are too cute! HAHA - I dont know if you remember me from A&M but its been a long time! Found your blog through others! Your family is precious! Hope all is going well

The Stikos said...

Wow..that first picture; little miss sassy pants:D Love it!