Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It's A Keeper- May


Yes, I realize I failed to post a recipe in April, so I may try to post two this month... we'll see- no promises!!!  This recipe is a VERY simple one from my days as a counselor at Pine Cove.  Once a week, the girl counselors would get together for our own Bible study and time of accountability.  I do not remember one of these sessions without Apple Dip!  Unfortunately it has been a few years since those days, and that delicious recipe escaped me.  Then, a few weeks ago, I sat looking at a fruit bowl full of apples and needing a little extra something to go with my apple for the day.  The need for apple dip returned!!!  After a long overdue phone conversation with my sweet Sarah, I had my recipe.  In the 3 minutes following that conversation, Apple Dip was made and enjoyed greatly by Elizabeth and me!  I hope you enjoy this delicious treat as much as we have been!

Apple Dip
Ingredients:
Equal parts of-
Peanut Butter (we are big fans of Skippy Natural!)
Cream Cheese (I used the fat free stuff that I had on hand)
Brown Sugar (you can decrease the amount of this if it is too sweet for you)

Milk (just a little if it is too thick) 

I keep mine in a tupperware in the fridge.

Hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

The Campbell Family said...

Apple dip sounds yummy! Mike and I LOVE peanut butter so it can't be bad right?? ;)

Donald and Angela said...

That sounds yummy! Will be trying that - another goodie is cream cheese / white sugar / brown sugar / and heath bits. Not as good for you though... :)

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Angela, it's Bev Brandon....thanks so much for keeping up with our family and praying for us...e-mail and ask Brookie about what's up with her lately. And i see that you know Laura & Daniel Montgomery----one of my son's favorite teachers from LCCS in Fort Worth---small world. Lots of Love. We are doing well over here but missing Brookie. What precious kids!