Friday, June 29, 2007

A Sweet Sunday!

Last Sunday was such a sweet time for our family! We had Elizabeth's baby dedication at CityView and were joined by many of our family members and close friends. As Justin and I discussed the purpose of dedicating our daughter, we came to the realization that it is actually more of a commissioning of us as parents and a plea to those around us to keep us accountable in raising Elizabeth Grace in the ways of Jesus. What a fun task!!

She is an absolute joy and has already been used by God greatly in her 9 months with us. Our heartbeat is that she would see Jesus clearly in our lives and that He would draw her to Himself at an early age.

We are so thankful for our family and friends and the abundance of support by which we are surrounded. Our community at CityView is so very precious, and I am thankful for Elizabeth to grow up in this unique place!

As usual, cameras were flashing!













3 comments:

Kristie said...

So, so fun! :) I'm sorry I wasn't able to be there. But what a great perspective you guys have! Know that you are setting an incredible example of grace and humility for not only Elizabeth, but for those of us watching you navigate the uncharted waters of parenthood! I love you guys and I'm so thankful and blessed to call you friends!

Sarah said...

man, my (ex) roommates are so h-o-t-t!

I know this is a post on baby dedication, but I just had to comment on you girls.
Sassy.

EG is gonna grow up with godly, wonderful parents who happen to also be really cute!!

MMm&m said...

Oh, I wish I could have been there - I love that little face even though I haven't been able to see her in person yet. We had Maegan dedicated on Father's Day - such a blessed day! I pray yours was as special.
PS - Ang, you look smokin' with that dark hair! OW!!