Monday, August 1, 2005

A Long Week

Hey everyone,

I am writing on a very much needed day off, recovering from one of the longest weeks I have had in some time. Last Wednesday, we took our college students and some of our older youth to a concert and prayer meeting at the Brooklyn Tabernacle. It was not a Brook Tab event, but NHNY (the organization sponsoring us) rented the facility, invited Charlie Hall an amazingly talented worship leader, and led a time uniting college aged Christians from all over the city together. It was a great event, I felt our students really began to catch a vision for taking Christ to their schools and communities. With traffic exiting Manhattan and after taking a student home, I rolled into the apartment about 2:30 a.m. The next day, we awoke at 5:30 to take my mom and sister to the airport. Needless to say we struggled with fatigue at our all day service project.

Sunday, July 31 we had the second official gathering of The Well. Although we had some technical difficulties with sound equipment, overall, it went well. We doubled our attendance from the last meeting, and we once again casted our vision for the fall. We feel very confident that the Lord is going to use The Well to draw many people to Himself! We announced our weekly Well gatherings that will start on September 11.

On another note, Angela and I also have been battling sickness this weekend--Friday and Saturday, Angela had a cold, and Sunday and today, I have felt pretty awful. I know it was totally God's grace getting me through last night.

Please pray for our students and young adults. Also pray for leaders within our students and others that could fill gaps in different areas and lead different ministry teams. Right now, its four of us doing everything. We really need some leaders to step up and fill critical roles in starting a college ministry.

We love you guys and thank you for your commitment to keep us in your prayers. If there is anything you would like us to pray for, please feel free to contact us by email or phone.

For His glory,

Justin & Angela

1 comment:

Wilson said...

I always love when people leave comments on my blog, it lets you know people are actually reading it and keeping up with you. I am glad to hear that yall are doing well in the midst of being stretched and challenged and Beth and I will pray for yall regarding health and ministry. We look forward to more good news about the Good News piercing hearts and saving souls for the kingdom. Press on, you are doing fantastically.
Lee and Beth Wilson